The following is a list of what manufacturers can hope to gain by executing a cybersecurity strategy for their business.
- Improve Recovery Times After Disruptions - Cyber-attacks cause operations and processes to slow down or even stop. Having a cybersecurity plan will ensure manufacturers can continue production as fast as possible after disruptions.
- Avoid Potential Losses - No production means no profit. Cyber-attacks can ruin a manufacturer's reputation and damage client relationships and future business.
- Protect Valuable Data - By keeping confidential information safe, manufacturers can reduce their vulnerability to cyber threats.
- Ensure Employee and Customer Privacy - Employees should be trained on cybersecurity protocol and keep customer information and data private. Manufacturers should develop and implement safeguards, secure all wireless access points and networks, activate software and hardware firewalls, set up web and email filters, and patch operating systems and applications routinely.
- Mitigate Risks - By creating a Plan of Action and implementing cybersecurity strategies, manufacturers will reduce cyber threats and breaches.
Due to emerging advances in technology, the manufacturing sector is now one of the most frequently hacked industries, second only to health care.
Midwest Precision is increasingly using the cloud and data analytics to make improvements to our infrastructure and processes, as well as better meet the needs of our customers. As we tap into exciting new technology, we unfortunately become more vulnerable to large attacks from cyber hackers.
Cybersecurity is very important and crucial to everyone at Midwest Precision. We recognize the importance of protecting our nation's intelligence and do so with top priority. We have contracted with a trust worthy cybersecurity firm to bring all of our systems into compliance with NIST 800-171. Founded in 1901, NIST is a non-regulatory federal agency within the U.S. Department of Commerce. NIST's mission is to promote U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing measurement science, standards, and technology in ways that enhance economic security and improve our quality of life.
While it has taken us 6 months, we are proud to announce that we have achieved NIST 800-171 compliance. While this is a great achievement, we will continue to advance our security even further while continuing to maintain an efficient and productive system.