We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Job Title: Senior Accountant Department: Finance
Reports To: Controller EEO-1 Class: Professional
FLSA Status: Exempt Date Prepared/Revised: 9/11/19
We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including all cost accounting and financial accounting utilizing the E2 business system.
- Communicates financial information to the management team including analysis and distribution of daily, weekly and monthly business metrics and reports.
- Establish/Maintain standard costs and part number profitability analysis.
- Reviews job costing reports and insures accuracy of cost accounting and COGS.
- Prepares and analyzes reports on cost leakage including scrap and rework.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly inventory valuations for Raw, WIP and Finished Goods. Assists with inventory reduction programs.
- Manage the Quarterly WIP physical inventory process
- Implements financial controls and audits compliance. Assist in efforts to insure robust financial controls are in place.
- Maintains fixed asset lists and monthly depreciation entries.
- Assists in the year-end financial audit with our outside accounting firm.
- Supervises the payroll process; prepare weekly payroll GL entries along with tax and workers comp entries.
- Administers the 401K plan including weekly payroll transmittals..
- Other duties as applicable.
- Energetic, hard-working, hands on individual
- Excellent problem-solving skills, highly analytical
- Strong interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, responsible, disciplined, and accountable… makes and meets commitments, leads by example.
- Bias toward speed, strong sense of urgency, manages by fact.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively… strong organizational skills.
- Growth oriented, looks for the best practice, continuous improvement mentality
- Highly ethical, respectful of individuals with strong integrity.
- Assertive and a strong negotiator.
- Education and Experience Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 yrs. Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment and 5 yrs. Minimum overall Accounting experience.
- Previous experience with financial controls.
- Experience supervising personnel is desirable.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience in a larger organization and associated best practices is desirable.
- Experience with the E2 business system is highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.