Growing Eastlake Ohio Aerospace/Defense Company providing precision machining and assembly has an immediate opening for an experienced Quality Engineer.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for strategic deployment of quality initiatives, as well as development and implementation of quality programs and processes. Additionally, the position will be tasked with ensuring that quality expectations are met and exceeded while maintaining compliance with quality standards and governmental regulations. The position is hands-on and has responsibility for all quality related functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures compliance with aerospace and governmental regulations and requirements, including all certifications and product conformity preparations. Reviews and interprets regulations and specifications required by customers and regulatory agencies. Coordinates with customers on Source Inspections, FAIs, and Gov’t Source Inspections
- Interfaces with regulatory and certification registration personnel.
- Works with the Quality Department on daily priorities, productivity improvements and ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Develops and implements quality and inspection plans for manufactured parts and assemblies.
- Provides quality-related technical support to engineering, manufacturing, and procurement.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers to investigate and resolve quality issues.
- Assists with audits and quality-related training.
- Serves as a key person in the company’s continuous improvement program.
- Provides reports for quality metrics, product failures and other initiatives.
- Utilizes quality tools and inspection processes on the shop floor to ensure process control.
- Other duties as assigned.
Performance Metrics and Expectations:
- Reduction of waste, including scrap and rework
- Reduction of quality “escapes”
- Maintaining top tier status on customer scorecards
- Excellent problem-solving skills, highly analytical, and uses fact-based problem solving methods.
- Competitive; takes ownership and has a passion of “doing it” better than the competition.
- Responsible, disciplined, and accountable, leads by example… attention to detail.
- Hands-on approach with a strong sense of urgency… “get the job done” approach.
- Champion of lean methods.
- Respect for others, high integrity, operates effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, with strong organizational skills
- Growth oriented, looks for the best practice, continuous improvement mentality
- Innovative and creative… applies new approaches to solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.
- GD&T knowledge and CMM experience is essential.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance role, with oversight of personnel.
- Minimum of 5 years quality-related experience in the aerospace industry preferably with machined components, products and assembly
- Extensive experience with AS9100 / ISO 9001 certified quality systems.
- Formal problem-solving experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.