Growing Eastlake Ohio Aerospace/Defense & Motion Control Company providing precision machining, contract manufacturing has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for designing, building and implementing equipment to support the engineering and production teams. in addition, this position will assist with designing and building new concepts for product development and prototypes. Additionally, the position will be tasked with ensuring that quality expectations are met and exceeded while maintaining compliance with quality standards and governmental regulations. The position is hands-on and has responsibility for supporting all quality related functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have extensive hands-on experience with machining components (Bridgeport, Lathe, CNC etc.)
- Develop and adjust 3D models along with creating proper detailed drawings for production.
- Experienced with 3-D CAD, CAM or inspection
- Design, manufacture and implement production and test fixtures.
- Develop manufacturing process standards for special processing, coatings and other requirements for product components.
- Develop quality standards for components including determination of gauging requirements.
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS
- Experience with mechanical components including gears and other actuation components.
- Must have extensive knowledge of materials, molding, extrusion, plastics etc.
- assist engineering and production developing parts/brackets,/test fixtures etc. as needed.
- Contribute to the team by providing innovative ideas/ concepts.
- Contribute to new production introductions and project launches.
- Understanding of electronics and controls is a plus.
- Works within the quality system in compliance with ISO 9001, AS9100C and other quality / industry standards.
- Ensure compliance with aerospace and governmental regulations and requirements including all certifications and product conformity preparations. Review, interpret and execute all regulation and specifications required by customers and regulatory agencies. Coordinates with customers on Source Inspections, FAIs, and Gov’t Source Inspectors, etc.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineering to ensure products meet the company’s quality standards.
- Provide quality-related technical support to engineering, manufacturing, and procurement.
- Assist with all audits and all programs including Quality training.
- Report audit findings to management and develop plans for corrective action
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent problem solving skills, highly analytical, uses fact-based problem solving methods
- Competitive; takes ownership and demonstrates a bias for action.
- Responsible, disciplined, and accountable, leads by example… attention to detail.
- Is a champion of lean methods.
- Respect for others, high integrity, operates effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with strong organizational skills
- Growth oriented, looks for the best practice, continuous improvement mentality
- Innovative and creative… applies new approaches to solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with engineering & operations, machined components and manufacturing techniques.
- Minimum of 5 years quality-related experience in the aerospace industry preferably with machined components, products and assembly.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks & Microsoft Office tools.