Growing Eastlake Ohio Aerospace/Defense & Motion Control Company providing precision machining, contract manufacturing has an immediate opening for a CMM Programmer/Operator.
The Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programmer will be responsible for writing CMM programs to verify dimensions of complex high precision metal parts. This position will include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, develop, validate and debug CMM programs and provide the supporting QA documentation.
- Must be able to operate a CMM with a high degree of competency.
- Must have a high degree of competency in GD&T and with plate inspection/hand gages/comparators.
- Complete final inspections and develop final inspection reports, first article inspection reports, and other reports required by our customers, using Excel and other software.
- Communicate with all stakeholders, supervisors, engineers, and production personnel to meet customer/shop floor needs.
- Support the development and improvement of measuring systems and effective programming.
- Recommend and implement programming best practices and aspire to support measurement systems for the manufacturing organization.
- Recommend, implement as directed, support, and provide continuous improvement of lean measuring systems through effective programming and up to date measuring practices.
- Design adequate work holdings for part inspection.
- Troubleshoot and solve both machine issues and related problems in the measuring process.
- Train manufacturing and quality personnel on CMM machines.
- Maintain CMM and work area.
- Excellent problem solving skills, highly analytical, uses fact-based problem solving methods
- Competitive; takes ownership and demonstrates a bias for action.
- Responsible, disciplined, and accountable, leads by example… attention to detail.
- Is a champion of lean methods.
- Respect for others, high integrity, operates effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with strong organizational skills
- Growth oriented, looks for the best practice, continuous improvement mentality
- Innovative and creative… applies new approaches to solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; post-secondary training or trade school preferred
- Minimum of 3 years GD&T experience required
- Experience with AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Proficiency with SolidWorks & Microsoft Office tools.